Switching to Only Energy can help you save money on your electric bill
- Katherine D. Rodriguez
You can save money on your electric bill by using energy efficiency and conservation. We will be discussing how to switch your electric company and the simple ways that you can make your home more energy-efficient, saving both your wallet and the environment.
What Is Energy Efficiency?
Energy efficiency is the ability to use less energy to accomplish a task or function and achieve the same results. You can save money, reduce pollution, carbon output, and energy waste, and lower expenses by using energy-saving appliances. Energy efficiency can be achieved by using smart power strips, LED lightbulbs, Energy Star-certified products such as refrigerators, washers and dryers and heating and cooling devices.
What Is Energy Conservation?
Energy conservation refers to behaviours and habits that consume less energy. Both energy efficiency and conservation go hand in hand and can help you reduce your electricity bills.
What Is Energy Star?
Energy Star is a voluntary program run by the Environmental Protection Agency (U.S.). Department of Energy. It includes more than 18,000 partners. Labels are available on over 75 product types as well as major appliances.
Energy Star’s 30+ year operation has resulted in a reduction of carbon pollution of 2.7 billion tonnes and a savings of $430 billion in energy bills.
For every $1 you spend on electricity, you can save $4.50 by incorporating more Energy Star appliances into your home. The Energy Star label can be found on over 75 products, including lighting and major appliances.
Are you able to save money by changing utility companies?
Yes! In a market like Texas, there are many electricity providers. These companies compete for customers by offering different energy plans, competitive energy costs, and services, though some offer better deals than others.
How can you save money on your electric bill with just energy?
You can save money by switching to Just Energy. Just Energy serves both residential and commercial customers in North America.
Some plans are not available in all markets. You will find both fixed-rate and variable-rate plans in most markets. These are some of the benefits homeowners have when they choose Just Energy.
- Just Energy offers full transparency. There will be no hidden fees or surprises.
- Fixed-rate plan: This plan is great for people who are very strict about budgeting and want to know how much their monthly electricity bill will cost.
- Variable-rate plans: The majority of electricity in Texas is generated from Natural gas. Therefore, rates can change based on changes in natural gas prices. Variable-rate plans are more popular than monthly contracts and cancellation fees because they offer flexibility.
- Flexible contract lengths: Many plans include a contract set for a specific amount of time. For example, 12 months or 36. Rates are usually higher for longer contracts. A longer contract is better if you are certain you will be staying for a while. A shorter contract is also beneficial if you are certain you will be moving soon.
- The Just400 Advantage plan: Get $400 worth of energy for free. You’ll receive a $200 credit on September electricity bills for two consecutive years.
- JustGreen Energy Plan: For just $9.99 per month, if you are interested in helping the environment and supporting renewable energy projects, consider adding a JustGreen option. Just Energy uses renewable energy sources to allow you to live a healthy lifestyle and minimize your environmental impact.
- Affinity Program: This plan is available to commercial customers. It is designed to generate revenue for your company while offering special offers for your employees and members. This program is great for companies with 50 or more employees and organizations like schools and community centres.